Colgate® Periogard® (Chlorhexidine Digluconate Oral Rinse, 0.2%) Mouthwash
A broad-spectrum, antimicrobial oral rinse that has been proven safe and effective for treating gingivitis. Alcohol free. Better flavor and mouth-feel
- 0.2% Chlorhexidine Digluconate
- Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Flavor, Citric acid, CI42051. *Does Not Contain Ethyl Alcohol.
- *Does Not Contain Ethyl Alcohol.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate is a salt of Chlorhexidine and Gluconic Acid, with a molecular formula of C22H30Cl2N10·2C6H2O7, and a molecular weight calculated to be 897.77.
- Effect of two new chlorhexidine mouthrinses on the development of dental plaque, gingivitis, and discolouration. A randomized, investigator-blind, placebo-controlled, 3-week experimental gingivitis study. Lorenz K et al; (2006) J Clin Periodontol; 33: 561-67.
Colgate® PerioGard® Antiseptic Mouthrinse is indicated for adults and children above the age of 12. For the short-term adjuvant treatment of inflammations of the gingival and the oral mucosa. For peri- and postprocedural use in periodontal therapies to prevent infections of oral surgical wounds.
MODE OF ACTION
After rinsing the mouth, chlorhexidine absorbs to the dental enamel, dentine, cement, dental pellicles, oral mucosae and dental restorations. Chlorhexidine digluconate interects with the bacterial cell wall, inhibiting dental plaque formation. Chlorhexidine is detectable in the saliva for up to eight hours reducing the build-up of plaque bacteria.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Use Colgate® PerioGard® twice a day. Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Then rinse your mouth with 10mL Colgate® PerioGard® for one minute and spit out. Do not swallow. The solution is ready to use and therefore should not be diluted. The screw-cap on the bottle contains a measuring device with which a 10ml dose can be measured. (Products should be used within 4 weeks after opening.) Do not use for more than 1 month or more often than every 6 months.